About The TEAS Exam > TEAS at Your Institution
What to bring on test day
- Photo ID: To be admitted to your testing session, you will need to present government-issued photo identification, such a driver’s license, passport, or green card.
- You will not be admitted to the test if you do not have your ID or if your ID does not meet the following requirements:
- Current photograph
- Examinee signature
- Permanent address
- Please note: a credit card photo, temporary license, or student ID do not meet these criteria.
- ATI log-in information: If you’re taking an online exam, please bring your ATI log-in information. You will need to create a student account at www.atitesting.com prior to test day (this was most likely done during registration) and have your log-in information with you. Test-takers who do NOT have their ATI username and password will not be able to take the exam.
- Additional items required by school: Please refer to the confirmation email you received following your ATI TEAS registration. Some schools require students to bring additional items for exam day.
If you’re taking a paper-pencil exam, please bring two sharpened No. 2 pencils with attached erasers. No other writing instruments are allowed.
What not to bring on test day
Leave the following items at home or in your car, as they are not permitted in the exam room:
- Additional apparel: This includes, but is not limited to, jackets, coats, hats and sunglasses. Discretionary allowances are made for religious apparel. All apparel is subject to inspection by the proctor.
- Personal items: These include, but are not limited to, purses, computer bags, backpacks, and duffel bags.
- Electronics: These include, but is not limited to, cell phones, smart phones, beepers/pagers, calculators (will be provided), and digital or smart watches.
- Food or drink: This is only permitted as a documented, medically necessary item.
What to expect on test day
- Testing staff will check your photo ID, admit you to your test room, and direct you to a seat.
- Physically present proctors in the room are monitoring for odd or disruptive behavior. Do not engage in misconduct or disruption. If you do, you will be dismissed, and your exam will not be scored.
- A four-function calculator will be provided by the testing center. You will not be allowed to use calculators that you have brought from home.
- The proctor will provide you with scratch paper for use during the exam. Scratch paper is not to be used before the exam or during breaks. All paper, in its entirety, must be returned to the proctor at the end of the testing session.
- After the Mathematics section, you make take a 10-minute break. During the break, DO NOT access any personal items.
- If you need to leave your seat at any time other than the scheduled break, raise your hand for the proctor. Time for the exam section will not stop. Lost time cannot be made up.
- If, during the exam, you have a technical issue with your computer, or for any reason need the proctor, raise your hand.
- Test challenges or testing-room complaints should be reported to the proctor before leaving the room on exam day.
Official TEAS transcripts
- You will receive 1 official transcript as a part of your ATI TEAS exam registration. This transcript will automatically be sent to the institution/testing center where you took your exam.
- Transcripts are electronically sent to the institution or testing center within 2 hours of the completion of your TEAS exam.
- You may purchase additional transcripts through the ATI Store to send your results to other institutions.
- Please note that some schools will not accept transcripts from exams taken at other locations. Please check with the school(s) to which you are applying to understand their TEAS exam policies prior to purchasing additional transcripts.
ATI offers reporting of TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) results to schools as a convenience to nursing school applicants. However, it is solely your responsibility to ensure that each of your school applications, as well as your TEAS exam results, is complete, properly submitted, and on file with each school.
TEAS testing accommodations
Please contact the institution/testing facility to arrange ADA accommodations prior to registering for your TEAS exam.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, each testing institution must provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a documented disability that hinders their ability to take any ATI assessment under standard conditions. It is the responsibility of each administering institution to determine how the disability will be reasonably accommodated in the testing process and for the proctor to ensure that the approved accommodation is in place.
Support for the TEAS Exam at your institution
If you have questions about your registration or specific test-day requirements, please contact the institution/testing center that will be administering your exam.
If you have general questions about the ATI TEAS exam, please contact ATI Customer Support at 1-800-667-7531 or visit our Contact Us page for other communication options.
Don’t forget to prep
We are now offering the new 2020-2021 TEAS Study Manual with a full-length practice test in an eBook format, as well as a new TEAS Online Practice Assessment (Version C).
View all of our prep products here.