Engaging video interactions prepare students to encounter the types of challenges that align with leadership and management in the role of a charge nurse. Students choose appropriate actions to take in clinical scenarios, including those related to team assignments, environmental safety, conflict negotiation, and quality improvement issues. Through video-based scenarios, students apply techniques in teamwork, delegation supervision, quality improvement, conflict resolution, and risk assessment.
The Leader promotes student competency in:
Teamwork & collaboration
Patient & provider safety
- Making Assignments and Delegating or Assigning Tasks
- Responding to a Client Injury and Completing an Incident Report
- Using Conflict Management and De-Escalating Communication Skills
- Leading a Quality Improvement Team Response to an Increase in Client Falls
- Development of an Interprofessional Clinical Pathway
Knowledge for them, know-how for you.
- Media-rich tutorials
- Unfolding video interactions (video simulations)
- Scenario questions with rationales
After completing all modules, students will know how to:
- Use de-escalating communication and conflict mediation skills
- Use SBAR as an interprofessional communication tool
- Appreciate group process and the various roles that team members play
- Leverage risk managers and case managers for their role in client care
- Use the quality improvement process and group process to improve client care
- Apply root-cause analysis to a client care issue to determine the impact of relational factors
- Focus on nursing-sensitive indicators to improve client safety
- Assess clients for fall risk, calculate the incidence of fall rates and complete incident reports
- Educator Implementation Guide
- Lesson plans
- Case overviews
Ask your ATI Integration Nurse Educator how this solution aligns with your QSEN-based student learning outcomes or course objectives.
DO YOU KNOW A NURSE EDUCATOR WHO DESERVES TO BE HONORED?
Nurse's Touch solutions:
- Nursing Informatics and Technology
- Becoming a Professional Nurse
- Wellness and Self-Care
- Professional Communication
- The Communicator 2.0
- The Leader
Contact your client executive to learn more about this solution and the complete Nurse’s Touch suite.